THESE PUBLIC COMMENTS WERE SUBMITTED ON PROPOSED RULES OR NOTICES RELATED TO AQUATIC CONSERVATION.
We chose these comments because their content is fact-based and unique, and their structure effectively conveys the main message of the comment.
On development in aquatic habitats
- Comment on National Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Leasing Program (National Marine Fisheries Service Alaska region Habitat Conservation Division)
- Comment on Restriction of the Use of Bristol Bay Watershed for Disposal of Dredged or Fill Material Associated with the Pebble Deposit (Science Center Director of Natural Resources Defense Council)
On marine mammal protection and take
- Comment on Designation of Eastern North Pacific Gray Whale as a Depleted Population under the MMPA (Executive Director of Marine Mammal Commission)
- Comment on August 2016 Technical Guidance for Assessing the Effects of Anthropogenic Sound on Marine Mammal Hearing (Executive Director of Marine Mammal Commission)
Review the Marine Mammal Protection Act here.
On Endangered Species Act listings and delistings
- Comment on Listing of Candy Darter as a Threatened Species under the Endangered Species Act (National Council for Air and Stream Improvement, Inc.)
- Comment on Removal of Hidden Lake Bluecurls from Federal List of Endangered and Threatened Plants (Center for Biological Diversity)
- Comment on 90-day Finding on a Petition to List 10 Species of Giant Clams under the Endangered Species Act (B.S. Students at Stanford University)
- Comment on Designation of Critical Habitat for Black Abalone (Assistant Professor, University of Washington)
Review the Endangered Species Act here.
On processes and definitions
- Comment on Recodification of the Definition of “Waters of the United States” (Senior Attorney of the National Resources Defense Council)
- Comment on National Marine Fisheries Service's Revision of Endangered Species Act Recovery Priority Guidelines (Director of North Carolina Division of Marine Fisheries)
- Request for Extension of Comment Period (Makah Tribal Council)
Intersection with other topic areas
- Comment on the Repeal of the 2015 Clean Power Plan (University Professor)